This Top Five Classics edition of Treasure Island includes:
• The original, unabridged text by Robert Louis Stevenson
• More than 60 illustrations—all 16 color paintings by N.C. Wyeth for the 1911 edition; 44 drawings by Louis Rhead from his 1915 edition; and the map of Treasure Island
• Stevenson's essay, "My First Book: Treasure Island," on the writing of his classic
• A Glossary of nautical and historical terms
• A helpful Introduction
• Author bio and bibliography
Robert Louis Stevenson's Treasure Island was not the first adventure story of pirates in the Caribbean, but it may as well have been. Since its publication in 1883, it's become the standard—the first and last word on the subject—and it remains an exhilarating, satisfying read for young and old alike to this day.
A strange, crusty old pirate comes to stay with Jim Hawkins' family at the Admiral Benbow Inn. The map he carries with him will put them all in danger and be the impetus for young Jim's perilous journey in search of treasure on the high seas.